Official site of Fast-Food Poet & Poet Laureate of the Principality of New-Utopia, Angus O'Mann.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

O'Mann appointed Poet Laureate (!)

[This is an historic day. For once, I am at a loss for words.]

The Principality of New Utopia
From the office of Prince Lazarus

Dear Mr. OMann,
I thank you for your kind words, both in rhyme and e-mail messages.

I had not considered that New Utopia needed a poet. Having said that, perhaps we do.

Susan has persuaded me that I should name you to the post of Poet Laureate of New Utopia and grant you citizenship in our new country.

Send the application and your picture for the passport, I will have prepared a letter of appointment which will be sent with your other documents.

There will be no official compensation, but I should think that sales of a book of verse would do well through the shops of New Utopia. We might even offer it for sale our web site for you.

I offer my apologies for the delay in responding, but it is getting quite busy now.

With warm regards,
Prince Lazarus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com