Official site of Fast-Food Poet & Poet Laureate of the Principality of New-Utopia, Angus O'Mann.

Friday, July 08, 2005

$14M: Poem sent

[Notefrom AOM: Mama Williams Kukoo, by benefactor who has pledged $14M in funding to support my work, emailed her photo, photo of her children, her late husband's hospital record, death cert. and photo of him lying in state. I will post as a tribute a bit at a time..]

mama williams wrote:

DEAREST BELOVED ANGUS:

MY GOD WILL BLESS YOU.I HAVE COME TO TRUST YOU AND TO KNOW THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO MANAGE MY MONEY. I WILL BE TELLING MY BANK THAT I AM STATISFIED THAT YOU CAN MANAGE MY MONEY VERY WELL AND I WILL BE INTRODUCING YOU OFFICALLY TODAY AS MY FORIEGN PARTNER AND THE FORIEGN BENEFICARY OF THE FUNDS THEY ARE ABOUT TO TRANSFER AND THEY SHOULD TRANSFER THE FUNDS TO YOUR NAME.

FOR THE POEM YOU CAN CHOOSE WHAT EVER NAME YOU LOVE FOR ME AS I MA HERE WITH YOU INS SPIRIT. YOU CAN SEND THE POEM TO ME NOW AS I LOVE TO READ IT.

ALREADY I HAVE FORWARDED YOU PARTICULARS TO MY BANK TODAY AND THEY SAID THAT THEY WILL BE WRITING YOU. I WILL LIKE TO KNOW WHEN THE CONTACT YOU SO THAT I WILL KNOW WHEN THE MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT. MY BANK HAS INFORMED ME THAT THE TRANSFER WILL TAKE ONLY 3 BANKING DAYS FOR THE MONEY TO BE TRANSFERED INTO YOUR ACCOUNT.

I WAIT IN GOOD SPIRIT FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE AND TO HEAR FROM YOU. GOD BLESS YOU AGAIN AND FOREVER. CAN YOU FORWARD TO ME YOUR BANK ACCOUNT PARTICULARS SO THAT I CAN GIVE IT TO MY BANK TO TRANSFER THE MONEY.

LOVE, MRS WILLIAMS KOKOU

Dear beloved Mama Williams Kukoo:

I was touched and moved by the photos and death certificates and hospital reports you sent me. I still have not been able to look at all of them (only 24 hours in a day, etc. and I'm busy getting my books ready for when I receive your $14 million funding for my publishing initiative).

The first book that I will publish with your generous financial support is titled "For Whom the Taco Bell Tolls." It is a collection of my first and some of my best fast food poems. While it is not strictly a Christian poetry book, Christians like us believ that God is everywhere and in everything, which would include fast food. So the embodiment of Christ will be present throughout, including the ink and the paper and glue.

As you seemed sad, I thought I would cheer you up with a warm, touching and humorous poem that will be included in "For Whom the Taco Bell Tolls." I originally wrote it for Jack Greenburg, CEO of McDonald's Corp. who, unfortunately, got fired before he could make me Poet Laureate of McDonald's, then died of a heart attack before we could launch a fast-food poetry joint-venture together. My luck goes that way sometimes.

Let me know what you think of the poem!

Angus O'Mann
Fast-food Poet

Poem written while watching a kid and his dad at Mickey D's

I'll eat the burger
And half of the fries
It's your Happy Meal (TM)
So you get the prize.


copyright Angus O'Mann, FFP. Unauthorized reproduction or transmission prohibited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com