Official site of Fast-Food Poet & Poet Laureate of the Principality of New-Utopia, Angus O'Mann.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

A love letter to Wendy

Wendy
Wendy's International, Inc.
4288 W. Dublin-Granville Rd.
Dublin, OH 43017

Dear Wendy:
It's 3:44 am and I couldn't sleep (again) so I thought I would write to you to tell you what a great time I had having lunch with you today. It was another great experience... as always.

I wrote you a poem, which I hope you like. It's enclosed.I had kind of an epiphany of sorts while I was eating my spicy chicken sandwich (my most oft-ordered. I didn't Biggie Size today). It occured to me what we all take for granted. You greeted me with your smiling face. You gave me warmth from the cold wind. You fed me a filling hot meal. You served me Dr. Pepper, which is hard to find at some places. You provided a movie, a play for I watched and listened to your employees on stage. I used you restrooms which were clean. I listened to a Muzak concert, which included "My Favorite Things" (I hadn't heard that in years!) You provided a very entertaining E.T. activity sheet that prompted me to list the things I would bring to E.T.'s planet if I went there for a couple of days (very thought-provoking). I learned how to say "Careful" and "Wet floor" in Spanish. Consider all of that... And for all of that I paid less than $5.00. Tell that to your detractors and lawsuit-mongers!

I have some ideas for how you can integrate poetry into your operation to increase shareholder value, but I won't go into that now. I would like to ask you a favor. Could you send me an autographed picture signed to me, Angus? I'm going to put pictures of my most inspiring people on my wall where I write to look at when I'm feeling down about trying to make a living as a poet. It's tough sometimes, but lunches like today's make it all worth while.

Thanks again. I hope you like the poem!

Poetry for the people!

Angus O'MannFast-Food Poet

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

weak

9:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com