Official site of Fast-Food Poet & Poet Laureate of the Principality of New-Utopia, Angus O'Mann.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Poem: The Meal Not Eaten

The Meal not Eaten
for Robert Frosty

Two value meals at the drive-thru board,
And sorry I could not order both
And be one diner, long I sat,
And imagined the one as best I could
And how I’d feel when I was done;

Then ordered the other, just as fair,
And maybe the better one I supposed
Since it had fewer grams of fat
though I still had the fries, and added pie,
But the diet soda made up for that.

And both that day did equally shine
on Duratrans* both bright and gay.
Oh I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing it was offered for a limited time
And available while supplies did last.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence
Two meals appeared on a menuboard,
I took the one and added pie,
And it really made no difference.

* Translucent material used for backlit photographs

Copyright Angus O’Mann, fast-food poet
From "For Whom the Taco Bell Tolls"
Unauthorized reproduction prohibited

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com